Ten tips for exam stress
Take time out from those exam stress blues with our ten handy revision tips…
- TAKE A DEEP BREATH…
- Organise & prioritise! Don’t spend loads of time revising your favourite subject because it’s easy, give ALL your subjects enough revision time. Add a little more time to those subjects you find more challenging.
- ASK FOR HELP! If there is a particular subject you are struggling with ask your teacher for help. No point revising work you don’t understand! Keep breathing.
- Use mind maps, diagrams and colour coding to make revising more interesting and the information more memorable.
- Stay hydrated and eat things like fruits, nuts & ice-cream to keep you awake and alert!
- Take breaks! Don’t over work yourself. Create a work schedule that includes breaks – take a walk, get some fresh air.
- Get a good night’s sleep – your mind takes in more when you’re rested.
- Put your phone away. You can’t revise well with distractions like Snapchat, Twitter or Instagram.
- Tell someone what you revised. Explaining back to someone what you’ve been revising is one of the best ways to make sure you really know it.
- And lastly be CONFIDENT, you got this!
It works like this…