Sign up to the Summer of Service
CSV Young Hackney Volunteers Summer of Service programme is now registering.
Here's a full list of the Volunteering Projects you can take part in
- Soul Kitchen This project will take place over five weeks with the volunteers cooking dishes and serving to clients within a Soho hostel in Central London.
- Dalston Easton Curve Garden Greenhouse Get creative with your hands and help put together and build a greenhouse for a local community project based in Dalston, Hackney.
- Buddying/Befriending Project Volunteers will be trained in how to Mentor/Befriend another young person between the ages of 11 - 16. You will support this young person to make the most of their summer and access summer programmes. The people you support may have a learning difficulty or disability or simply need some extra support. If you are interested in helping others, gaining experience in care or social work this is the opportunity for you!
- YHV Press Gang: We will be recruiting for volunteers to take pictures of the SoS programme, interview other volunteers and write bi-weekly blogs on the events that have happened that have included the YHVP
- Volunteering for Young Hackney (various Youth Clubs and Purple Bus) Be a youth leader helping run fun summer programmes for other young people in Hackney.
- Stepping Up Youth (Hackney Marsh Project): Like the above, youth leaders wanted to help on their summer programme.
- Hackney Pirates: They are also looking for volunteers to help out at their Summer Programme for young children, the programme consists of a variety of different Arts and Craft activities and storytelling to name but a few. If you want experience supporting children and leading activities this is an opportunity for you.
- Sports Leaders: Become a sport leaders after receiving free training in football coaching or sports leadership. Work alongside an adult leader and support them to run sessions for young children across Hackney. A variety of opportunities in a varieties of locations.
- Football Fundraiser: Play football for a good cause and raise money for a local charity or get involved in the events management side of it and help organize the fundraising tournament.
The Summer of Service programme is open to all young people age 13 – 19 (up to age 25 with support needs) and begins with two induction days 13 July or 20 July (5.00pm to 7.00pm).
If you need a CRB to take part in your chosen volunteering placement, you will need to attend an additional session on 15 July or 22 July (4.00pm to 7.00pm).
Sessions take place at: The Levy Centre 18-24 Lower Clapton Road E5 0PD.
To register, simply email email@example.com