This is what Skyway is here to do
As a charity we aim to work with young people who are ‘at risk’, aged between 8 and 25 years old and live in Hackney or other inner London boroughs.
We are here to help you achieve your personal goals, realise your potential and contribute positively to your community, through a range of activities and learning.
We have a vision we want to share with you to support you towards realising your dreams and achieving your potential; providing opportunities for your personal growth and development through our youth-led programmes, projects and services.
- Supporting you to develop communication and social skills, self-confidence and motivation, to achieve personal goals, and the ability to cope with life’s ‘ups and downs’.
- Help you to make positive health and lifestyle choices, including increasing your participation in sport and positive recreational activities.
- Provide opportunities for you to volunteer and develop transferable employability and citizenship skills, while raising your awareness of training and employment opportunities.
- Champion the needs of other local young people by encouraging you to become leaders and take on areas of responsibility in your community.
The majority of SkyWay activities across the borough are FREE.
- Table Tennis
- Multi sports
- Opportunities to try out boxing, cricket, athletics and circuit training
Throughout the year there are a number of football and basketball leagues and tournaments, including Teenage Kicks our summer football tournament.
Check what sports activities are going on in your area on the SkyWay activities page.
SkyWay Media and Arts
- Film making
- Street Art
Activities take place over the year in a number of different settings.
Blue Hut Youth Centre
The Blue Hut runs a variety of activities throughout the week including:
- Job Club
- Open sessions
Estate-based and Detached Work
SkyWay engages with some of the harder to reach young people through its detached and estate based activities. Currently SkyWay works in the following Hackney Wards:
Volunteering at SkyWay
If you are interested in volunteering for SkyWay – contact Penny Munday on 020 7729 6970.
For more information on any of our activities please contact us on 020 7729 6970, email firstname.lastname@example.org or look at our website www.skyway.uk.com.
Need to update your page? Click here Apply for membership