It’s Exam Season. Again.
We know it’s like blink oh exams again. But we feel like the approach towards exam season needs to be switched up…
Okay, you know you have to get revising, and we’re guessing you also know that:
- Exams are stressful
- Exams are important
- Exam season may make you feel pressured
- Exams may make you feel nervous
- Exams take away your social life
But guess what… we also know and would like you to know:
- You don’t need to stress yourself out! Because you can only do your best, and that is completely enough.
- Yes exams are important, but if you don’t get the grade you would of liked your life isn’t going to end! There loads for opportunities and alternative routes you can take to get where you want to be.
- Take all that weight off your shoulders! It’s natural to feel a bit anxious but don’t feel pressured you aren’t in a competition with anybody. You do what YOU can do.
- A little nerves are good, nerves mean you care! Even Ed Sheeran still gets nervous
- Okay this one we can’t fight, your social life may take a back seat during exam season but it’s only temporary and it’s worth it. So completely commit for the small period of time and then socialise after!
Also (this is the big one) self- belief is a huge game changer with exams, often people have already made it harder for themselves by adopting an attitude of doubt, uncertainty and worry EVEN IF they’ve tried their best. But you’ve gone to class, you’ve listened, you’ve studied, you’ve revised…you’ve got this! So believe you have it, confidence changes a lot.
If you are struggling with revision you can find some really handy revision tips here: https://www.cgpbooks.co.uk/interactive_tips_exam