Hackney YOF Panel
Are you 12-19 years old? Are you looking for an opportunity to get involved with your local community and represent young people in Hackney? Do you have an eye for detail and want to get experience and the opportunity for an accreditation?
As a Panel member, you’ll be required to interview young people who are applying for the YOF grant. Hackney YOF gives young people grants of up to £3,500 to spend on activities and projects. Panellists also get involved in projects to help other young people – they have recently started the Copper Campaign to raise money for homeless people in the borough.
You’ll gain confidence and skills such as team-building, interview skills as well as the confidence to make informed decisions about funding projects in the community.
To join the panel, you need to email Seana.email@example.com to book onto training sessions at Hackney Town Hall from 12-3pm on 14th February 2018
If you’re interested in joining the Panel, you need to be able to commit to at least six meetings a year. Outside of these times, you’ll also get the chance to gain accreditations and go on residential trips.
We’re looking for young people who…
- Have an interest in issues affecting young people
- Have an interest in making decisions about how money is spent
- Are able to listen to and respect the views of young people
- Take their responsibilities seriously
- Aren’t afraid to speak their mind
- Can ask for support, advice and help if needed
- Can work as part of a team
- Be reliable and punctual