Here at Young Hackney, we recognise the hard work that goes into being a young carer. We are committed to supporting you along the journey whilst helping you enjoy your childhood.
Many young people don’t see themselves as young carers.
However, if you find yourself looking after a family member, taking care of housework, translating and/or taking on other responsibilities, then we want to help.
The Young Hackney: Young Carers service is available for children and young people in Hackney aged 6-19, or up to 25 years if a young person has a special educational need and/or a disability.
We recognise that all caring experiences are different therefore we work together to create a personalised plan for you and your family.
This plan could include:
- Opportunities to take part in fun, free activities
- Trips exclusively for you and other Young Carers (designed by Young Carers)
- Spaces to meet and connect with other Young Carers
- Dedicated one-to-one support with a Young Hackney worker
- Support groups in school to allow you to get the most out of your education
- Advocacy in knowing your rights
Due to coronavirus and restrictions in place our Young Carers group is running a-bit differently.
For more information and to access the new programme click here: Young Carers Programme
If you are a young carer or know a young carer who needs support you can:
Call us – 020 8356 4800
Email us – email@example.com