Your Hackney Summer 2016
Your Hackney Summer’s here – and it’s going to be Olympic! Six weeks to take yourself further, make yourself stronger and relax like you’ve never relaxed before.
For anyone inspired by Usain Bolt, Jess Ennis or Mo Farah – there’s no shortage of sporting activities. But the summer doesn’t stop there. Whether you’re into art, films, coding or kite-making – there will be something, somewhere for you to do. Browse the Young Hackney What’s On to find out what’s available.
Make your summer break one to remember. You could try:
- sports camps and competitions running throughout the summer run by Young Hackney and Access to Sports, as well as activities as at your local leisure centre. There’s football, tennis, basketball, netball, table tennis, free swimming and sports leadership courses.
- summer arts including theatre workshops, dance, film courses and arts.
- The Rich Mix Youth Takeover. Young people will be running the show, with workshops, film-screenings and fashion shows.
- Hackney Libraries’ Summer Reading Challenge. A fun way for you to get inspired by reading six or more library books over the holidays.
- Den-building, fire-making, rope-climbing and zipwiring at Hackney’s Adventure Playgrounds.
Make sure you have a look at what’s happening at your nearest Young Hackney centre: Forest Road, The Edge, Concorde, Hoxton Hall or Stoke Newington. They will all be offering activities Monday – Friday. If you’re not sure what you fancy, take part in the Taster Week at Forest Road and The Edge, where you can try a different activity every day.
Hackney Summer Activities Guide
If you’d like a copy of the Hackney Summer Activities Guide, you can pick one up at your local Young Hackney hub or your local library.