Big Music is back – and we need you!
Do you want to get into the music industry? Young Hackney is looking for young people aged 11 – 19 interested in all kinds of industry careers.
Whether you have an ambition to make it as an artist, or would like to find out about the many other opportunities available – artist management, event management, law, production or engineering – The Big Music project 2017 will give you a chance to hone your talent and widen your horizons. If you’re serious about making music your career come along to the workshops, they all take place at the Edge youth hub – just turn up.
Take a look at the clip from the 2015 Big Music event, to get an idea of what we’ve got planned.
- Mondays & Wednesdays 1 – 22 February (except 8 February) Music Production 18:00 – 20:00pm
- Friday 3 February DJ Workshop 18:30 – 20:30pm
- Thursday 9 February Social Media Workshop 19:00 – 20:00pm
- Friday 10 February Spoken Word Workshop 19:00 – 20:00pm
- Monday 13 February Marketing Workshop 18:30 – 19:30pm
- Wednesday 15 February Songwriting and Branding Workshop 19:00 – 20:00pm
- Thursday 16 February DJ Workshop with DJ Anne Frankenstein 18:30 – 19:30pm.
Get involved in Live & Lit
We’re also looking for young people who would want to get involved in planning, promoting Live & Lit, the showcase we’re putting on at Hackney Picturehouse at the end of the month – in return, you’ll get advice, support, and access to networking opportunities. If you want to get involved in the 2017 event, contact email@example.com or call 020 8356 1063.