* NEW training and apprenticeships
- GLL Apprenticeships Lifeguard and Customer Service Assistants up to £16,962 – industry qualifications. To apply, text ‘GLL’ to 66777 call 0844 800 2280 or visit: www.icon-training.com/GLL
- Civil Service Fast Track Apprenticeships Placements available across the UK. Successful applicants will gain valuable work experience and a certified qualification, while being paid a competitive salary. To apply, visit www.gov.uk/civil-service-apprenticeships before 16 March.
- Off Centre is looking for up to 15 Mentors Posts are open to anyone aged between 16 and 25 who lives, works or studies in Hackney. The role is to befriend and support young people referred to Off Centre and maintain regular and consistent contact with them. This is a paid position (London Living Wage), part time, 20hrs a month. Training will be provided in the role of a mentor, and safeguarding/child protection.
* Latest Apprenticeships from Connexions
To download the latest list of vacancies from Central London Connexions click here (week beginning 26 January 2015).
* Search for up-to-the-minute vacancies
The National Apprenticeship Service online search allows you to search for vacancies in your area, or by sector click here to go to the NAS site
* Ask Ella
Ask Ella is a new Smartphone app, free to download on Android, Apple and Blackberry devices. It has been designed to enable you to research post-16 options and local opportunities available, e.g. courses at local schools, colleges and Training Providers.
Searches are live, which means that any new results, e.g. new apprenticeships based on your saved search profile, will automatically update and notify you each time you access Ask Ella.
In addition to being an information source, the app also allows you to contact an Adviser for further, specific information or help.
How to access to Ask Ella
Ask Ella is free to download and is a multi-platform app:
- Android devices: Playstore
- IOS devices: Apple store
- Blackberry devices: Blackberry World
Search for 'East London Learning App '
If you have a QR reader, the code here should take you straight to the app.
* Apprenticeships from Ways into Work
For information, and to apply, contact Ways into Work team on 0208 356 5700, email: firstname.lastname@example.org or use the online application form: www.hackney.gov.uk/wiw.htm
* Apprenticeships from First Rung
To apply for vacancies, email your CV to email@example.com and quote which vacancy you are interested in. www.firstrung.org.uk
* City Gateway
Pre-apprenticeship programmes in Customer Service and Business Administration, providing the chance to gain qualifications in Functional Skills and Workskills, as well as building confidence so you are ready to enter the workplace.
City Gateway also offers sports training programmes from a foundational sports and active leisure qualification up to an advanced level 3 in personal fitness instructing.
Fill out a form on their website and they’ll be in touch: http://www.citygateway.org.uk/apprenticeships/become-an-apprentice
Sports programmes are based at Limehouse Youth Centre, Limehouse Causeway, London E14 8BN.
* Cromwell College
Cromwell College of IT & Management offers Apprenticeship courses for young people aged 16-18 and 19-24 in varied fields such as IT, Business and Social Care. Contact: 020 8533 3300.
* Future UnLtd Apprenticeships
For details, see: www.future-unlimited.co.uk/vacancies
* Coaching Courses with Access to Sports
See the latest A2S Coaching courses to gain professionally-recognised qulaifications in a range of sports click here to download.
* Makers Academy
Event takes place 7 April and aims to allow young people to discover more about the Tech City Fellowship. There will be an information session to help answer questions about Makers Academy, the Fellowship, as well as meet graduates, employers and others involved in the scheme. 52 Commercial St, E1. For the details, visit the Makers Academy webpage
The Job Ready programme is designed to help you if you find your way out of work or into education. The course will teach you the skills you need to prepare you for the world of work. We’ll help you with your communication skills, CV writing, interview technique and presentation skills. The programme includes a 2-week work experience placement and we'll also pay for your travel and lunch, and give you advice and support on getting into work or further training following the course.
So if you're aged between 16 and 25 years old, sick of being unemployed or just bored of watching Jeremy Kyle morning after morning, then why not apply for Job Ready; it could be the change you're looking for!
For information and to apply, contact Princess on 020 7392 7825.
* Metropole Learning
Metropole Learning is offering 19 – 24 year olds the opportunity to earn a National Vocational Qualification (NVQ) and on-the-job paid training via an Apprenticeship in any of the following sectors:
- IT Software and Telecoms
- Customer Services
- Business Administration
Dalston Centre, 52 – 58 Arcola Street, London- E8 2DJ. For information call: 020 7241 7100
* DV8 Foundation Course in Fashion
DV8 has limited spaces on their Fashion and Styling Foundation Level 1 course.
The course will give you the skills to:
- Create your own brand
- Design, customize and create a line of caps, T-shirts & accessories
- Design and produce designer outfits
- Set up a website to sell your designs.
You'll have your designs modelled at the DV8 Eastside Stories Fashion Show on the 9 July and there's a chance that top UK artists will model for you - Lady Ny, Griminal and Code Red + you'll get a double-page spread of your new line in RWD Magazine - distributed in JD Sports.
You could earn the following qualifications:
- NCFE level 1 award in Creative Craft Fashion
- NCFE level 1 award in Creative Craft Jewellery
- NCFE level 1 award in Creative Craft Dressmaking
- NCFE level 1 award in Personal and Social Development
- Functional skills Maths
- Functional skills English
- Functional skills Information and Communication Technology
To watch a video about the Fashion and Styling course please click on: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQDcVguHp1o
To sign up, call 020 8509 6070. The Courses are run 3 days a week.
* DV8 Music Production/Performance
Foundation courses leading to qualifications. These courses are available to 16-19 year olds who are not in education, employment or training and who have not achieved 5 A - C Grades at GCSE.
- Music performance - develop key performance, vocal and songwriting skills, you will also learn how to work in the industry and promote your work. Leads to NCFE Level 1 Award.
- Music Production - learn about marketing, promotion and the business side of the music industry. Also a chance to present your demo to leading UK A&R. Leads to NCFE Level 1 Award.
For more information see: www.youtube.com/watch?v=-b7PM8pWvXQ
For details on how to apply contact Joanna on 0208 509 6070 firstname.lastname@example.org
* Training in Customer Services and Retail
- Are you 16 - 18 years old?
- Looking for a programme of study to suit your learning needs?
- Want to develop your employability skills/increase your career opportunities?
Kick start your career in Customer Services and Retail. Course leads to a nationally recognised qualification and progress into employment, education or an apprenticeship. For more information and one-to-one interview contact KIS Training:
KiS also offer Foundation Learning courses for 16 - 18 year olds, for details contact 020 8275 4230.
* Apprenticeships through London Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship vacancies available across London in various sectors including: business administration, construction and hospitality. Visit www.londonapprenticeship.co.uk for an up-to-date list of apprenticeships available across the capital.
* Volunteer for Lea Valley Rowing Club
A range of volunteering opportunities with Lea Valley Rowing club, probably most suited for school/college-leavers. For details click here or contact Community Sports Coach, London Youth Rowing, 07847 441 152.
* City Year Volunteering
Are you looking for an experience that can enhance your employability, give you an exceptional CV and change lives in the process?
Why not sign up for a year of full-time volunteering, giving you the skills and opportunities to change the world? Working in primary schools as a mentor, tutor and role model, you will make a difference by delivering in-school and after-school programmes and community projects.
- Support with professional networking and personal development
- Citizen Service Award of up to £1000*
- In-depth experience working with children
- Free travel card
- One day every week dedicated to leadership training
- Up to £100 per week for expenses and subsistence costs
Volunteers should be aged 18-25, City Year is particularly interested in people from the south of Hackney, and those who are not graduates (although graduates can apply). For info, see contact details below.
* City Year Give a Year
City Year brings together young people of all backgrounds for a year of full-time service, giving them the skills and opportunities to change the world. As tutors, mentors and role models, their diverse young leaders make a difference in the lives of children and transform schools and communities. They are recruiting volunteers now. Contact: Janderson@cityyear.org.uk or visit their website for more information www.cityyear.org.uk
* Immediate Theatre
Immediate Theatre offers an exciting range of courses for 16-25 year olds who are not in education, employment and training and who would like to get in to arts adminstration . This could be the first step on the path to your career in Theatre. Download more details here, and visit Immediate Theatre's website for other opportunities.
* Youth watersports training
Age 16 to 25 years? Ever thought of becoming a Watersports Instructor?. Why not try your hand at: canoeing, sailing, powerboating, dragonboating, narrowboating, first aid, life-saving.
Join Laburnum Boat club's ongoing Youth Leadership programme. Runs every Wednesday 1.30 - 5.30pm. No experience necessary and all absolutely free.
Contact: 020 7729 2915 or visit www.laburnum.org