Become a Young Researcher!
Are you interested in research and learning how to gather the voices of young people in your local community?
Do you want to help design health and wellbeing services?
Do you have the following qualities?
- Able to talk to anyone and listen well
- Treat people with respect
- Accept other points of view
- An interest in where you live and want to make it better for young people -Want to meet like minded people
- Up for learning new skills and putting them into practice
As a Young Researcher, you can earn £10 per hour offering your valuable time and insights. The project will run from January to April 2023. There will be several sessions with dates to be confirmed. Food and drinks provided!
You need to be aged 14 – 20 (up to 25 with SEND) to apply. If you are under 16 you will need permission from a parent or carer.
A bit more about the role:
Our mission is to support young people aged 11-25 to improve their health with access to a range of services within easy reach. This includes support around health, wellbeing, mental health, alcohol and drug use and sexual health. The vision is that you will find support in the right place, at the right time, with the right person. We want to understand young people’s thoughts and understanding through a series of conversations in Hackney and the City of London. You will gather information on the views on current health and wider services available to young people. This information will directly impact plans for services in Hackney and the City of London.
What would you be doing?
- Take part in eight training sessions in Participatory Action Research so that you have the skills and knowledge to carry out this research.
- Speak to children and young people in different spaces in Hackney and the City of London to understand what they would like health and wellbeing services to look like.
- This work will be carried over five to six sessions when young people are available (evenings and weekends). Record information and analyse the findings.
You will be paid £10 per hour for completing the training and research parts of the role. This position will develop your skills and knowledge which can be used when applying for further employment and courses. Your work will directly impact how services for young people are created and delivered.
Come to one our of information sessions to meet us and ask questions:
- Thursday 1st December 5.30 – 6.30pm online at https://zoom.us/j/97322691228pwd=UDhaTExPZ0Y4QjhFWE8ydmVIZjRWUT09
- Wednesday 7th December 5.30 – 6.30pm at Young Hackney Forest Road (29 Forest Rd, London E8 3BY)
Fill in this form to apply!