Hackney Borough Youth Orchestra brings together the most advanced players from across the borough and provides them with an opportunity to learn challenging and exciting repertoire from a diverse range of genres/composers from all around the world, supported by an exceptional team of HMS tutors.
- Hackney Borough Youth Orchestra is open to players in Year 7 and above
- Applicants must be of Grade 5 standard or higher. Applicants need not necessarily have taken a Grade 5 exam but should be able to play and sight-read to the level expected for Grade 5 players
- Exceptions to the minimum age/standard rule are occasionally made if we have a shortage of a particular orchestral force or due to other exceptional circumstances
- HBYO applicants are invited to attend a friendly audition / trial session before being offered a place in the orchestra
- Applicants must either live in the borough of Hackney or attend a Hackney school
- HBYO may also accept ‘associate members’ from neighbouring boroughs in certain circumstances, please get in touch for more information
Membership to HTO costs £35 per term for young people attending a Hackney school, and £45 for those living in Hackney but going to an out of borough school. Costs for Pupil Premium families are £15 per term.
To apply to join the Hackney Borough Youth Orchestra, please complete this application form.
For further information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.