Become a Sports Ambassador
Are you interested in leadership, volunteering, or a sport-related career? Sign up as a Young Hackney Sports Ambassador and you’ll get the skills you need to become a sports leader in your community.
The Young Hackney Sports Ambassador programme is open to anyone in Hackney aged 14 – 19 and is free to join. As an Ambassador you will:
- Gain nationally-recognised accreditations (Sports Leaders, Duke of Edinburgh’s, AQA, ASDAN, NGB)
- Organise and run sporting events and projects
- Get advice if you’d like to develop a career in sport, coaching or sports management
- Get to meet other like-minded young people
- Find out about jobs and apprenticeships within the Council.
How do I find out more?
Come along to The Edge on Wednesday 28 September from 18:30-19:30 or Young Hackney Forest Road on Friday 30 September from 18:00-19:00. You’ll be able to find out more about the programme, meet members of the Young Hackney Sports Unit and ask us any questions.
Sports Ambassador Conference
The Young Hackney Sports Unit will also be holding a conference on Wednesday 26 October at UEL Sports Dock for anyone interested in joining the programme. You’ll be able to enrol, hear from guest speakers from a variety of sporting capacities and learn how to run a basic sports session to a group of young people.