If you don’t feel safe when you are at home, it can take up a lot of your head-space and make you feel bad about yourself. It can be very upsetting to feel caught up in problems between other family members. If you need to talk to someone about what’s happening at home, talk to a friend or an adult you trust.
You may be experiencing abuse (physical, emotional or sexual) at home, or you may have a parent, carer or sibling who is taking drugs or drinking too much.
- Remember: it’s not your fault. You have the right to feel safe at home.
- Don’t suffer in silence, even if you might be worried about talking – if you want to talk to someone in confidence, you can call ChildLine on 0800 1111.
- Tell someone you can trust, like a parent/carer, teacher or friend.
- Get the help and support you need to work through it.
- 24-hour National Domestic Violence Freephone Helpline 0808 200 0247
- National LGBT Domestic Abuse Helpline 0800 999 5428