Are you aged 18-24? Do you live in Hackney? Do you want to positively influence the way young people are treated by the police?
Build Up is a project that will be recruiting and employing 5 young people who will create and develop research projects and events aimed at improving relations between young people and the police.
Successful candidates will be paid the London Living Wage.
Throughout the programme successful candidates will get the chance to:
- Take part in meetings with Hackney Police and other Police Units
- Deliver ‘know your rights’ training sessions to young people
- Take part in workshops with academics, campaigners, artists and other professionals
- Organise joint events with local police
- Organise and take part in creative workshops such as an art exhibition or a documentary film
- Conduct a small historical research project launched at a community event
- Conduct research to help produce a report into the experience of policing in the borough
- Present research findings at meetings, public events and conferences
- Take part in an exchange programme
Fill out the application form here and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The deadline for applications is 21st February
For more information call: 0207 923 1962