Summer Activities Guide 2020
Summer isn’t cancelled!
The last few months have been challenging for us all, we have had to make big changes to our everyday lives and adjust very quickly to a ‘new normal’.
We are incredibly proud of how our young people have adapted and supported each-other during a time of so much uncertainty.
You have stayed indoors during lockdown, remained committed to your education at home and supported your community and families.
Your response has been second to none and just confirms how amazing our young people in Hackney are.
We have been working really hard with lots of youth organisations in Hackney to get a packed programme of fun ready, so you can all have a well deserved summer break!
Our Summer Activities Guide 2020 is your one-stop shop for all the exciting stuff going on throughout the summer.
The activities and sessions will be a-bit different to how they normally are, but that doesn’t mean we’re going to have any less fun! So have a look at the guide and get prepared for a super enjoyable summer holiday!
Here’s how it’s going to go at Young Hackney Hubs this summer:
We will be offering a summer programme at all our hubs from Monday 27 July to Friday 27 August 2020.
- The junior programme, for young people aged 6-12 will run from 10am-1pm.
- The Senior programme, for young people aged 13-19 and up to 25 with SEND will run from 5-8pm.
What we have done to make our buildings and delivery safe:
- We have completed a risk assessment of all our hubs and with all our staff.
- We have made adjustments to our buildings, including in-depth cleaning routines.
- We have reduced capacity within the hubs to maintain social distancing.
- We will be delivering most of our programme outdoors.
- We have new signs around our hubs to help remind you of the rules in place.
- We have provided additional staff to support our sessions.
How to attend:
In following with government guidance to help keep everyone safe, we have limited spaces available at our hubs. We aim to accommodate as many young people as possible but will be prioritising those most in need of a place.
- You must pre-register for sessions at our youth hubs by completing this form.
- We will only be able to offer spaces at our hubs to young people who live in Hackney.
- It’s important to us that everyone gets a chance to attend, therefore spaces will be allocated week by week.
Please do not attend the hubs unless we have contacted you to confirm your place via text or phone call.
Keeping safe at our hubs:
- You must wash your hands when you arrive at our hubs.
- Please remember to social distance at all times.
- If you or a member of your household is feeling unwell or showing any symptoms of Covid-19 (fever/high temperature, dry cough, loss of taste or smell) please do not come to the hubs or playgrounds. Call your local GP or visit NHS online for further support.
If you have any questions and would like to talk to one of our Young Hackney workers please call on 020 8356 7404 9am-5pm or email us at email@example.com at any time.
We hope you all have a great summer break!